An observatory class instrument that consistently outperforms others, the Celestron CGE Pro 1400 Fastar Computerised Telescope
features optics that is coated with the premium StarBright XLT coatings, delivering a new level of detail to all your favorite deep sky objects.
Being FASTAR compatible for f/2 wide field imaging. This makes it a solid platform for long exposure astrophotography. Attach any high quality CCD camera or photographic equipment and it becomes a serious scientific tool. FASTAR compatibility is enabled by a removable secondary mirror that allows for fast f/2 CCD imaging. You get exposure durations that are 25 times faster than at f/11 and at the same time yields a FOV that is 5 times wider. This combination produces optimum imaging of wide field objects in the fraction of the time it takes with non-FASTAR devices.
Upgraded CGE Pro Mount
Celestron's notable CGE Pro Mount now comes with more features. The built-in software completes the usefulness and convenience of this model. Switch on the Hibernate function and your telescope will be able to maintain its star alignment night after night without needing to be re-aligned, making it an ideal instrument for a permanent observatory facility.
The NexStar hand control on the mount has built in compensation features essential for accurately placing small objects on the center of the CCD sensor or the eyepiece. Multiple alignment procedures on different calibration stars create a model of inaccuracies inherent in all equatorial mounts. This model is then stored and used by the hand control to compensate for inaccuracies improving precision every time the telescope slews.
German Equatorial mounts are recognized as the best choice for astro imaging because of their inherent stability, simple balancing procedure and easier accessibility for attaching equipment. The CGE mounts are also compatible with the SyncScan accessory, another very useful option for more experienced astrophotographers.
Celestron CGE Pro 1400 Fastar Computerised Telescope Features:
- 14" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Celestron premium StarBright XLT coatings
- CGE PRO computerized Equatorial mount
- FASTAR compatible optical tube for f/2 imaging
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod adjustable from 38 - 55"
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Computerized Mount Features