The Celestron CGEM 925 EdgeHD Computerised Telescope
integrates the CGEM Computerized Equatorial
mount with the new EdgeHD
optical system. This versatile combination gives you one of the most powerful star gazing instruments and astro-imaging telescope.
EdgeHD Optical System
Combine the compact power of the Schmidt-Cassegrain design with an improved high-definition optical system and high quality wide field images. Star gazers will appreciate the pin point images that are delivered even with the widest field piece.
Astrophotographers will be able to see aberration free images across CCD or DSLR cameras. With this optical system, an extremely flat focal plane is precise enough to match the strict tolerances of most large commercial CCD sensors. Stars will be in tight focus even at the very edge of the chip.
EdgeHD optics also produce diffraction limited stars on axis and maintains diffraction limited stars across the entire field of view of many of the most popular astrophotography cameras.
Other components of this observatory class telescope had been redesigned to ensure maximum performance. These include:
- Mirror locks that hold mirrors in place to reduce image shifts during imaging.
- Micro-mesh filtered tube vents that allow hot air to be released behind the primary mirror
- FASTAR versatility with the addition of 3rd party lens assembly allows exposure times that are 25 times faster than at f/10 with a field of view five times wider
- Top of the line Axiom Eyepieces are included. These provide 23mm focal length and 82° AFOV giving you an incredible combination of power and wide field of view. This eyepiece is optimized to deliver pinpoint images when used with a flat field telescope.
The CGEM Computerized Equatorial
mount is the other half of the equation. It brings stability, slewing speed and accuracy to the table. It also boasts of improved software that consistently maintains accuracy and a huge database of over 40,000 celestial objects. The mount is sturdily designed to dampen vibrations which interfere with observation. It delivers these capabilities even when handling the largest 11” optical tubes. Large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar adjustment alignment.
The All-Star polar alignment process and the Permanent Periodic Error Correction features ensure that you maintain slewing accuracy and alignment overtime. As part of its improved design, uninterrupted Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South) tracking is now possible on this mount. The CGEM mount offers the portability of the Celestron’s
Advance series with the precision of the previous CGE line.
Celestron CGEM 925 EdgeHD Computerised Telescope Features:
- 9.25" EdgeHD Optics
- CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra sturdy 2" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
Latest Firmware Update: Click Here